Sunday 2 March 2008

Mums shouldn't get sick

We had a quiet weekend this weekend.Well not that quite really as we did take the kids to putt putt golf on Saturday (after dancing)and then we went out for lunch at Hogs Breath Cafe and had the yummiest Banofee pie on this earth.I swear i would go there just for the dessert .You would probably guess that though if you had seen me lately LOL

I actually do want to start exercizing and losing weight but i've had this horrid chesty cough for maybe 3 weeks now and have just not been myself.We have a 5km track that is great to walk as once you start you have to finish.I have plans to do this each day once I'm feeling my old self.

Well time has been passing and i hadnt got better.I was getting worse .I hardly ever get sick but seem to have a good go at it when i do but i never go to the docs unless im desperate.Last night laying in bed listening to my own wheezing and i thought "okay time to get this checked out"

So i was up early and off to a medical centre which is about 20mins away as its where we used to live.I loath medical centres and have little faith in the docs there but no other choice on Sunday morn.Doc was surprised i had let it go so long and says my chest is bad and very wheezy and prescribes Ab's and some inhaler thing.Its not ventolin but something much more expensive of course (have spent $80 at chemist this week).

I walk to the other end of the shopping centre to the chemist.I kid you not they are on opposite ends.You would think they would be together.Not far walk if you are feeling normal and not about to pass out LOL.Chemist closed.It opens at 10.Thats okay as i have to do grocery shop anyway (really feel up to that).I will walk back to other end and do that and then come back to get prescription.Do shop,wheel trolley back to chemist and prescription is not where i put it in my back pocket.Dont really know why i put it there.I thought it would be easier to find that going through my handbag.Have no choice but to go back to docs to get another prescription.

Anyway,without boring you to death we got there in the end.Glad i didnt buy icecream as it wouldnt have survived.2 and half hours later and im back home. I did rest this arvo so that was nice (and rare).I will be back on track soon and doing that much needed walk

Cheers
Kaz

3 comments:

Sue J said...

Oh sweetie, you poor thing, that sounds awful. You are fabulous to laugh about it now, but it must have been horrific at the time, I think I would have burst into tears LOL

Now, exercise plans are a very good idea, but please do give yourself a break and let it go until you are truly 100% well (not 90% either LOL). Just be kind to yourself sweetie, for you and for your lovely family who need you.

Sending lots of get well vibes
love
Sue
xxxxx
PS totally agree with your heading too ;)

Georgie said...

Oh Kaz how horrible!

On the bright side it sounds like you'll hit the Medicare Safety Net early this year (man I cracked it on 17th December last year what the hell was the point in that!!!)

Listen to mama Sue pmsl.....and treat yourself to some new nails to make yourself feel better (10 of them could well work miracles)

Hope you feel better soon xxxx

Kaz said...

Oh thanks Guys.

Sue, I nearly was in tears but just managed to contain it

G, I so know what you mean about cracking the safetly net in December.Same thing happened to us last year.Not fair! You never cease to crack me up xoxo

Kaz