Tuesday 4 March 2008

My Mum and Dad


This is a rare pic taken of my parents and I at Christmas.Even though i am rarely in pics Im starting to realise that you really need to capture these moments (even if you dont like the look of yourself).Mum and Dad have their own business or should I say businesses and even though my brother manages then they are the type of people that dont just sit around.So even though they are getting on in age they are still work,work,work.They do have a caravan though and love to get away.They are away at the moment.I think its been a month or thereabouts.Im really happy that they are getting time to relax.Even though they live close I dont see them enough.I miss them

Even though my dad has health problems ..you will never ever hear him complain.He is a"get on with the job " kinda guy.Growing up in my teenage years he always told me I could have anything i wanted....all I had to do was pay for it.He taught us to work for things even though his generousity often shined through with the $20 per week lunch money I got in highschool (remember this was 20 odd years ago..I would have had some left over for scotch and coke on Sat night LOL ) Hes a joker.. and a bit of a stirrer at times.Hes upfront and always there if you need him

Mum..well she a softie..My friend.Growing up i told her everything...well almost.Whilst my friends made up lies .I came home and told my parents at age 15 Id just got into the local nightclub when the blue light disco she'd dropped us off at earlier was unexpectedly cancelled.I knew they wouldnt approve but honesty goes long way and i think I was given more freedom as a result.They always knew where i was.So Mum was "cool" and you just knew you could talk to her.I hope my kids will be the same with me.Im always drumming it into them that you can tell mum"ANYTHING"Although Mum did work part time for some years, we never noticed it.She was always there for us..another thing I plan to emulate.


Cheers,Kaz
xoxox

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Awww what a lovely post Kaz! You are so right though ~ we must capture these moments when we can (even if you don't like pic of yourself ~ is what I am still struggling with lol).

Lovely pic of you and your parents. They sound like wonderful grounded people!

Jodie xxx

Kaz said...

Thanks Jodie xox