Friday 28 March 2008

Cross Country Carnival

Its feels like its been a busy week.I had a few things to post about but I'll just tackle one topic and do some more later ,otherwise it will turn into one big waffle of a post

Tuesday was our Cross Country carnival.Was a busy day with 4 trips to the school as I had my kids spread out into all 3 categories.Infants started at about 9.45.This is the first year they have included the kindy kids which i thought was great.They were to run 500metres which is one lap opposed the the 1km for Yr 1 and 2. Kayles says to me " I hope i come first" I just laughed and thought what high hopes she had.Sure as anything she came first LOL.She was coming third the whole way and then right towards the end she started sprinting and overtook.It was such a thrill and she was pleased as punch and was awarded a blue ribbon.

Now I didnt even think to take my camera so I took some on my phone after i worked out how.Now i have no idea how to get the pic onto my computer.There is no spot for a USB cable and i have tried emailing it to myself but it didnt come through LOL So thats in the too hard basket for the moment.

At 11.50 it was Yr 3 and 4 to run 2km.Lauren is so competitive.She tried her hardest.She was as red as a beetroot and looked like she was going to pass out at the end.Its a pretty good distance for little kids.She did really well and came somewhere shortly after the first 10.Im not sure of the place.I could tell she was disapointed with herself but she so needn't of been as i was so proud of her efforts and kept trying to tell her how well she did

Seniors were up to run at 2pm.Hayden came 9th .Job well done.First 6 go to district and he says hes going to make it there next year.

So was very proud of my 3 and the effort they put in.

Cheers
Kaz
xoxo

1 comment:

Georgie said...

Congrats to all your kids, how funny is Kayley, I'm going to win so she did.....bet she had an extra big smile after that!
Charlotte runs like a, well a blonde actually so I don't think there'll be too many athletic ribbons here, I'll have to pin my hopes on Angus LOL
xxx