Saturday 22 March 2008

Showbag Madness




On Thursday I went to the Royal Easter show with all of my friends LOL Okay,I really went by myself LOL again!

Anyone who has ever been knows what a small fortune it would cost for a family of 5 to go.About $130 to get in the gates plus rides,food,parking and showbags.Im sure you would easily spend over $400.Last time we tried to go as a family quite a few years back it was a disaster.It poured rain and the kids were really hanging out for the end of the day for the showbags.They are truly not materialistic kids but hey showbags are FUN,not to mention a rip off and full of crap but they love them so thats what counts

Since Sunday Lauren has been drooling over the Easter show mag that came with the Daily Telegraph trying to work out what showbag she would get.Dont know where she got the idea from that she might get one but Jase had suggested I go for the day and pick them up a couple each while Im there.

So i did this.I did the same a couple of years ago and it worked out really well.I love looking at all the art and craft and I really dont mind doing things by myself.My mum is away and the couple of friends I asked couldnt make it but i wasnt fazed. I had a great day. I did feel a tad guilty that the kids weren't with me.They were at school though and ABSOLUTELY thrilled to get a couple of showbags each.There were squeals of delight

Hope everyone is enjoying their Easter weekend.Jase is working today but only 5 hours from 7 to 12.We are planning a nice quiet weekend at home.I made some brownies yesterday and have some crafty things for the kids to do.

Lauren just wanted to double check that the Easter bunny still comes when its raining.Im going grocery shopping this arvo and have been instructed to buy some carrots for him.Hayden was contemplating today where the Easter Bunny lives.Well I really dont know the answer to that one.Does he live with regular bunnies or is he too special for that?He said maybe Jupiter but i pointed out that Im pretty sure that its uninhabited.He said well maybe an unknown planet just for bunnies or on Easter Island wherever that is LOL

Lauren slept over at her friend Chloes house last night.I am good friends with her mum.She had a fantastic time but is very tired today as she couldn't get to sleep.She said she missed me.Im trying to get her to have a rest today

These pics where taken very quickly amongst the hysteria

Luv
Kaz
xoxox

2 comments:

Janee said...

Kaz,
I would LOVE to go to the show just by myself and do what I want. We went today, got tickets from work $10 kids and $15 adults so that was a small saving there. All Olivia wanted was rides, more rides and showbags. I found 30 ride coupons on the ground and I felt a tad guilty for picking them up but I did wait with them for about a minute or so before I claimed them. Next year if I get tickets at those prices again I will buy myself 2 adult tickets, one to go with the kids and the other to go by myself.

Love your pics and looks like the kids enjoyed their bags.

Janee.

Kaz said...

Wow they are cheap tickets Janee.Good on you.Lauren would have wanted to go on all the rides too.she is a real dare devil.What luck finding those ride tickets.Sad for the person who lost them but if no one was there to claim them you really have no choice LOL.If it wasnt you using them it would have been someone else

Cheers
Kaz
xox